IASUS Throat Mic Headset solution offers clear vocal communication for wearers of N95 and elastomeric masks, full-face respirators and PPE. Professionals across a diverse range of industries from first responders and medical professionals to retailers and service providers have heeded the call to slow the spread of virus by wearing masks. This simple yet effective measure protects both their health and the community at large, but makes face-to-face, close proximity communication on the job more difficult.
TEN-4 Throat Mic & Speaker Amplifier Kit
Amplify Your Voice
N95 and elastomeric masks, full-face respirators and other personal protective equipment (PPE) muffle vocalizations, forcing wearers to repeat themselves and strain to hear others. This slows communication and sometimes results in misunderstandings at critical moments. In business, miscommunication can impact contracts, client relations, operational efficiency and the bottom line. On the floor of a hospital emergency room, it can impact lives. Knowing this, some mask wearers choose to temporarily remove their face coverings to ensure clarity when speaking, but that defeats the purpose.
“I never have to take off my respirator and the mic works perfectly. All of my ER colleagues are impressed with how amazing it works. I’m recommending the mic kit to all of my ER doctors. IASUS has made an exceptional product that is essential, in my opinion, during this pandemic.” — Kevin Martinez, a medical doctor from Scottsdale, Arizona
- Power output: 15W
- Output impedance: 2Ω
- Charging time: 3-5 hours
- Lithium battery: 3.7v/2200mA
- Response frequency: 90Hz-18000Hz
- Working temperature: -10°C-45°C
- Amplification-use time: 15-20hours
- Dimensions: 98-88-40mm
GP3-R Throat Mic
- Transponder – IASUS Gen 3.0 transponder
- Transponder Sensitivity – -46dB +/- 3dB
- Headphone Output – 5mW (Max 10mW)
- Transponder Frequency Response – 20Hz to 20kHz (20Hz to 8kHz with +/- 10% variance)
- Headphone Impedance – 16 Ohm
- Neck size 13”-21” **neck extension sold separately
- Removable strap for washing
- Cosmetic update with the IASUS crosshatch design
- Frontal integrated neck sleeve
- Modular Design: adapter to connect to your device. 3.5mm for smartphones, Cobra, Icom, Kenwood, Midland, Motorola radio adapters and many more available, sold separately
- An IASUS designed magnetic clasp for a secure and fast engagement, with safety break-away when pulled with dangerous/excessive force
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
First, consider a standard microphone. Standard microphones are positioned near the mouth in order to pick up and amplify voice airflow pathways. Speech through a mask is inevitably muffled, but airflow impacts volume. Surgical and cloth masks reduce airflow to prevent the spread of aerosols, while PPE, N95 and elastomeric masks restrict airflow to protect the user. As a result, the reduced or restricted airflow cannot be accurately detected by a standard mic.
To get around this problem, the IASUS Throat Mic Headset bypasses airflow as a medium for sound transference altogether. Using an adjustable neck strap, the Headset mic is placed directly in contact with the wearer’s throat where it picks up vibrations from the larynx. These vibrations are converted into audio which is then amplified and projected through a custom portable PA speaker.
This cutting-edge technology improves the safety and clarity of close proximity communication for those who are working to keep our economies and essential services afloat. The Headset enables wearers of surgical and standard cloth or disposable masks to be heard clearly without raising their voice, which reduces the build-up of moisture within the mask allowing for extended use. More importantly, it ensures that those wearing more restrictive PPE, N95, and elastomeric masks can be properly understood.
IASUS CONCEPTS is a provider of bespoke critical communication headset solutions. Specialists in throat mic technology and headset solutions. IASUS can also provide custom
made to order services for unique applications. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org